2006-01-09

No one wants crippled CDs

Back in this post, I made a pledge not to buy any more Sony CDs because of their apparent hatred of their own customers. Well, the meme is spreading, and a lot more people are making the decision that crippled CDs are not worth buying.

In fact, there's a pledge drive going on now at PledgeBank. I've signed it. It's not really a petition, just a statement of fact. I won't buy crippled CDs. Apparently, neither will a few thousand other people.

There are plenty of other ways I can legally buy music. Like Magnatune, which is a much better deal for the musicians than they will ever get with a major label.

Tags: , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad thing is, the corporations don't seem to care. Signed it anyway.


Oh, and, I like your blog. Got to it from the slashdot post.

Hillary B said...

Greaat blog I enjoyed reading